UC Merced’s Career Advancement Mentorship Program (CAMP) is now accepting applications. The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. Thursday, June 14.
CAMP is an annual program that provides the opportunity for mentors to share their knowledge and experience with mentees to better equip mentees to excel in their chosen field. The program runs July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019.
Both potential mentees and mentors must apply to be considered for the program. Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the Human Resources website to read detailed information regarding the application process and participation requirements:
A schedule of the year’s activities is posted on the Human Resources (HR) website.
Campus community members who participate in all five CAMP sessions will:
- assess personal strengths by completing a StrengthsFinder assessment;
- develop a vision and goals for their career plan;
- take action by completing an individual development plan;
- meet, interview and learn career pathing strategies from campus leadership; and
- reflect upon and examine their authentic selves to imagine their futures.
The CAMP program uses HR’s Career Tracks job family and functional areas to pairing mentors and mentees. Launched at UC Merced in 2012, Career Tracks classifies and groups positions into job families that reflect job duties. The structure was designed to support professional development that enhances career mobility at the campus level and across the UC.