UC Merced and Riverbank Unified School District (RUSD) have signed an agreement for a new guaranteed admissions partnership. Through the Merced Automatic Admissions Program (MAAP), RUSD students could earn automatic acceptance to UC Merced if they meet the university's eligibility requirements.
"This simplifies the path to college for Riverbank Unified high school students," said Charles Nies, UC Merced vice chancellor of Student Affairs. "Because of this partnership, they'll know that there's a place for them at UC Merced."
RUSD students who complete the A-G courses for first-year UC admission with a weighted GPA of 3.5, with no grade lower than a "C," qualify for MAAP. The program allows students to select any major of their choice when applying to UC Merced.
"The partnership with UC Merced provides our students, parents, and community the opportunity to realize their academic dreams." said Constantino Aguilar, Riverbank Unified School District Superintendent. "This incredible partnership also allows RUSD to provide support to parents and students so they are not only successful in the application process, but also once they get to UC Merced."
Other MAAP partners include:
- Central Unified High School District
- Chowchilla Union High School Districtß
- Cutler-Orosi Joint Unified
- Dinuba Unified School District
- Dos Palos-Oro Loma Joint Unified School District
- Golden Plains Unified School District
- Los Baños Unified School District
- Le Grand Union High School District
- Madera Unified School District
- Mariposa County Unified School District
- Merced Union High School District
- Modesto City Schools
- Parlier Unified School District
- Sanger Unified School District
- Sacramento City Unified School District
- Tulare Unified School District
- Visalia Unified School District
To learn more about MAAP, visit the program's website.