March 30, 2020
To: All students, faculty and staff
March 30, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
UC Merced Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) has made several updates to its services in response to the latest information regarding COVID-19. The changes are designed to be responsive to the needs and concerns of our campus community:
- CatTracks and Route UC service levels will be significantly reduced beginning today, Monday, March 30. Heritage Express weekend service, the E1 Line and Route UC will operate abbreviated schedules with a focus on providing riders access to essential services. For detailed schedules, please visit the TAPS website .
- TAPS will suspend on-campus paid parking policies and payroll deductions effective April 1. Customers will see payroll deductions on their April paychecks for March parking services. Faculty and staff who need to be on campus can park in the designated lots best suited to their business needs.
- Student parking is allowed in the Bellevue Lot. TAPS parking enforcement will be active and will enforce reserved parking space rules, as well as state laws regarding accessible parking, fire lanes and other regulations.
- TAPS anticipates resuming enforcement for paid parking when California’s stay at home order is lifted and faculty, staff and students begin returning to campus in larger numbers. Parking permit enforcement may resume as soon as June 1. TAPS will inform the campus community at least 48 hours before enforcement resumes.
- TAPS is in the process of issuing credits to those students who purchased parking for the spring semester valid through May 15. Parking credits will be issued to student accounts along with housing and dining credits.
The TAPS office is closed except for designated employees. Please email TAPS or call 209-228-8277 with questions regarding transportation and parking services.
For the latest UC Merced COVID-19 updates, including answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the Emergency Management Coronavirus page .
UC Merced TAPS