March 23, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
As UC Merced’s response to the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve, we want to update you on which campus facilities remain open during this period.
- Residence halls are open for only those students who have applied to stay. Some students are being relocated to ensure the campus maintains appropriate social distancing.
- Dining facilities are closed except for takeout service at the Pavilion. Food trucks are no longer operating on campus.
- Kolligian Library, including the Lantern Café, is closed.
- The Downtown Campus Center, Castle and the Fresno Center are closed except for those staff, faculty and researchers designated for specific purposes.
- Classrooms and laboratory buildings are closed except to designated faculty and researchers; the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost is working to designate instructional labs and classrooms that can be reserved by faculty to record remote classes and will communicate that list when finalized.
We encourage you to stay informed by visiting Emergency Management’s coronavirus page to obtain the most up-to-date information, FAQs, university communications and other resources.