March 24, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
As UC Merced’s response to the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve, we will update you on the status of campus facilities during this period.
These facilities are closed, with exceptions for designated staff:
- Promenade, Downtown Campus Center, Castle and the Fresno Center.
- The Venture Labs in Merced and Modesto.
- The Joseph Edward Gallo Recreation and Wellness Center.
The H. Rajender Reddy Health Center remains available by appointment.
As a reminder:
- Residence halls are open for only those students who have applied to stay. Some students are being relocated to ensure the campus maintains appropriate social distancing.
- Dining facilities are closed except for takeout service at the Pavilion. Food trucks are no longer operating on campus.
- Kolligian Library, including the Lantern Café, is closed.
- Classrooms and laboratory buildings are closed except to designated faculty and researchers; the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost is working to designate instructional labs and classrooms that can be reserved by faculty to record remote classes and will communicate that list when finalized.
We encourage you to stay informed by visiting Emergency Management’s coronavirus page to obtain the most up-to-date information, FAQs, university communications and other resources.