November 28, 2018
In accordance with Chancellor Leland’s message delivered on Nov. 18, 2018, campus locations remained closed through November 19 due to poor air quality.
Questions regarding whether or not employees would be compensated for the closure dates have been clarified and all regularly scheduled employees will be paid for the campus closure dates, regardless of your employee type (staff, undergraduate student, graduate student, faculty, contract, limited, etc.).
Monthly Paid Employees (dates 11/15/18 - 11/19/18):
- Record previously or scheduled time off (vacation, sick, etc.) as such on your monthly timesheet for the closure dates.
- If no work was performed; record scheduled, non-worked days in the comment section for each closure date.
- Work performed during closure requires no additional action(s) on your timesheet
Bi-Weekly Paid Employees (dates 11/18/18 - 11/19/18):
Bi-weekly timesheets including the closure period of 11/15/18 - 11/17/18 were previously submitted early due to a shortened processing timeline due to the Thanksgiving holiday. No action is needed on that timesheet unless you have a need to make a correction. No additional comments related to the closure are needed on the timesheet for that period.
If you need to make a correction to the timesheet for the bi-weekly cycle of 11/4/18 - 11/17/18 to record additional hours of pay or adjusted leave time; a request for rejection for purposes of correction can be achieved by emailing
In relation to the period of 11/18/18 - 12/1/18 (closure dates of 11/18 & 11/19)
- Record previously scheduled time off during the campus closure dates as you would normally.
- “Essential” employees who performed services during the closure will record their time (and scheduled leave) as usual.
- Those not deemed essential (or performed no work) due to the closure will report their regular schedule hours on the closure dates and indicate as “closure” in the comments section for each day they were scheduled to work, but could not.
For your reference a short instructional/scenario document can be found here to assist with completion of your TRS timesheet during the campus closure period.
If you have any questions or concerns related to completion of your timesheet during the closure period, please contact email@example.com .