Dear Administrative Staff,
Supervisors may now access the Performance Appraisal in Halogen to begin completing the 2017-18 evaluation for their direct reports. The appraisal form will be available until 9 p.m. Monday, May 7. Please plan accordingly to complete evaluations for your entire team by the deadline.
REMINDER: The Summary of Accomplishments (SOA) is due at 9 p.m. Monday, April 2. If you have not yet completed your SOA, please do so on or before April 2.
Recap regarding this year’s appraisal process:
- The appraisal period covers July 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018 (9-month period)
- Narrative only required for appraisals with an overall rating of ‘partially meets/needs improvement’ or ‘unacceptable’
- HR review only required for appraisals rated ‘partially meets/needs improvement’ or ‘unacceptable,’ the system will bypass HR step for those rated ‘meets expectations’ and ‘far exceeds’
- HR will review performance appraisals prior to second-level review
For a comprehensive overview of this year’s performance appraisal process, please refer to the 2017-18 Truncated Appraisal Process .
* After 15 minutes of inactivity, the Halogen system will timeout. The system will permit revisions to the form. However, changes made after the timeout period will NOT save. Please make sure to periodically save your work.
Brian K. Powell
Chief Human Resources Officer &
Associate Vice Chancellor for People & Strategy